|Click here for the cast list for Lake County's production of "Disney's Camp Rock"|
|Click here for the cast list for Orland / Will's production of "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"|
Spotlight Youth Theater has an opening for the part-time position of Area Coordinator for Kane County. It’s one of the most important levels of leadership in Spotlight, and the position requires someone who can administrate with integrity and lead a county in a mature, level-headed, positive manner.
What We’re Looking For:
- The “Ambassador.” First and foremost, the Area Coordinator position represents Spotlight Youth Theater, the mission and vision of the company, in the utmost positivity and effectiveness.
- The “Organizer.” Someone who can successfully plan, manage, and navigate several large projects involving multiple groups in a timely fashion
- The “Eye of the Storm.” Someone who can remain calm, cool, and collected in the face of something as flexible and cumbersome as a full-scale musical stage production.
- The “Servant Leader.” Someone who has a heart for people, who looks to set the tone for the county by serving the families that participate there
- The “Inspiration.” Often times, this position is the face of the organization to the community—and during classes and productions, will need to inspire and rally a large volunteer staff toward a common goal.
- The “Confidant.” This position shoulders a great deal of responsibility, accountability, and integrity. One day the Area Coordinator could be a shoulder to cry on for a hurting family, while the next be the one to handle the finances of the area.
- The “People Person.” This is a must! With different groups of people, varying ages, kids, parents, volunteers, directors, office staff…there are a lot of people to get along with! We’re looking for someone who has a heart for God and a personality that’s teachable.
If this is you, we’d love to meet you! Send your resumes and/or inquiries to Shari Ledermann .
Welcome to our Newest Executive Staff at Spotlight
On behalf of the Board of Directors, we'd like to announce Spotlight's Executive Program Director-Shari Ledermann! We are excited to entrust Shari to bring her experience to the table. Shari has served in our organization as a parent volunteer, teacher, Senior Area Coordinator, and most recently assisted this summer as interim Executive Staff. We feel that Shari has been groomed for this position by serving from within it for the past 14 years. We ask that you join us in supporting Shari and pray for the Almighty wisdom of our great and glorious God to guide us all.
This leaves McHenry without an Area Coordinator. We are accepting applications and resumes. Send to . After prescreening, interviews will be scheduled as soon as this week! Those interested should send their letter of interest right away. We would prefer one person to lead both classes and productions in McHenry
Our Sincere Thanks
On behalf of Spotlight we'd like to offer our sincere thanks to Kerry Krause for service as Area Coordinator to Kane County. We wish her the best in her future endeavors and may God's blessings be upon her.
The recipients of the 2015 Christian Stilwell Memorial Fund have been selected!
These students have exhibited excellence in leadership and are making a difference!
Please join us along with Larry and Denise Stilwell to honor this achievement at the Spotlight Stars Awards!
FALL CLASSES NOW OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT
to find out more
Click on Graphic to apply to be considered for a spot on a Directing Team in the 2015/2016 Season for Spotlight!
Everyone who wants to be considered to be on a Directing Team needs to fill out this application!
The application process will be ongoing, so there isn't a solid deadline.
However we recommend filling it out sooner rather than later so your application can be submitted for review right away!