Spotlight Youth Theater has an opening for the part-time position of Area Coordinator for Oak Park. It’s one of the most important levels of leadership in Spotlight, and the position requires someone who can administrate with integrity and lead a county in a mature, level-headed, positive manner.What We’re Looking For
- The “Ambassador.” First and foremost, the Area Coordinator position represents Spotlight Youth Theater, the mission and vision of the company, in the utmost positivity and effectiveness.
- The “Organizer.” Someone who can successfully plan, manage, and navigate several large projects involving multiple groups in a timely fashion
- The “Eye of the Storm.” Someone who can remain calm, cool, and collected in the face of something as flexible and cumbersome as a full-scale musical stage production.
- The “Servant Leader.” Someone who has a heart for people, who looks to set the tone for the county by serving the families that participate there
- The “Inspiration.” Often times, this position is the face of the organization to the community—and during classes and productions, will need to inspire and rally a large volunteer staff toward a common goal.
- The “Confidant.” This position shoulders a great deal of responsibility, accountability, and integrity. One day the Area Coordinator could be a shoulder to cry on for a hurting family, while the next be the one to handle the finances of the area.
- The “People Person.” This is a must! With different groups of people, varying ages, kids, parents, volunteers, directors, office staff…there are a lot of people to get along with! We’re looking for someone who has a heart for God and a personality that’s teachable.
If this is you, we’d love to meet you! Send your resumes and/or inquiries to Darlene Panko .
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY
Snow Cancellation Procedures
In the event that there is a large amount of snow accumulation on a class or rehearsal day, Spotlight, under most circumstances, will still hold class or rehearsal. Spotlight wants all families, teachers, patrons to be safe and encourage them to make a decision about attending based upon what is good for them.
- Spotlight will close class if the facility, we are using, is closing and cannot use the building, or if their parking lot will not be plowed for sufficient parking.
- If weather conditions are at a treacherous level as to warrant cancelation.
- If Spotlight does cancel a class, there will not be any make-ups, refunds, or teacher pay for class that was missed.
- Spotlight will post cancelations on the spotlight website under “latest news” by 3:00pm. AC’s will also post on their callboards, facebook or any other means in which they normally contact families.