Now Accepting Applications
Spotlight Youth Theater has an opening for the part-time position of Area Coordinator for Rockford Metro Area. It’s one of the most important levels of leadership in Spotlight, and the position requires someone who can administrate with integrity and lead a county in a mature, level-headed, positive manner.
What We’re Looking For:
• The “Ambassador.” First and foremost, the Area Coordinator position represents Spotlight Youth Theater, the mission and vision of the company, in the utmost positivity and effectiveness.
• The “Organizer.” Someone who can successfully plan, manage, and navigate several large projects involving multiple groups in a timely fashion.
• The “Eye of the Storm.” Someone who can remain calm, cool, and collected in the face of something as flexible and cumbersome as a full-scale musical stage production.
• The “Servant Leader.” Someone who has a heart for people, who looks to set the tone for the county by serving the families that participate there.
• The “Inspiration.” Often times, this position is the face of the organization to the community—and during classes and productions, will need to inspire and rally a large volunteer staff toward a common goal.
• The “Confidant.” This position shoulders a great deal of responsibility, accountability, and integrity. One day the Area Coordinator could be a shoulder to cry on for a hurting family, while the next be the one to handle the finances of the area.
• The “People Person.” This is a must! With different groups of people, varying ages, kids, parents, volunteers, directors, office staff…there are a lot of people to get along with! We’re looking for someone who has a heart for God and a personality that’s teachable.
If this is you, we’d love to meet you! Send your resumes and/or inquiries to .
Summer Camp Intern
Are you this person?
Great role model, love kids, committed, good initiative, responsible, good social skills, and great work ethics....Then come intern for Summer Camp 2014!!
Interns are selected based upon availability and the needs of each individual camp. When interning you are required to be at camp M-F 8:30-3:30. Monday and Friday, start and end times will vary. Camp Coordinators will select and place interns. You will be notified of your placement no later than 2 weeks prior to the camp week. Please be sure you are available for the weeks you select.
If you are a Spotlight student age 14 + you may sign up here – CLICK HERE
Deadline to sign up is Wednesday, June 4th.
As the Spotlight program continues to be Blessed in growth, the Board of Directors was inspired to create a new staff leadership position to oversee and establish vision for the various programs. We are excited to announce as Spotlight’s Executive Program Director, Teri Leman!
Teri holds a BM-Vocal Performance Emphasis/Choral Music Education degree and has been a teacher of excellence in vocal training for the past 27 years through her own private studio business. She has also been both a Music Director and Show Director in Spotlight for the past 7 years. Her attention to detail, business savvy, training and most importantly her love for The Lord and children will bring powerful leadership to our organization.
Help us to welcome her to the staff! Send a note to .
Stilwell Scholarship Winners
The Stilwell Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce that the winners
of the 2014 $1000.00 Awards have been selected.
This year, a $250.00 Honorary Mention will also be awarded.
Special thanks to all the excellent students who applied.
Keep making a difference in your communities!
Spotlight Youth Theater is now accepting applications for the part-time position of Costumer Assistant.
This position will work alongside the Costume Manager in all aspects of costuming Spotlight Shows. Duties would include general maintenance of costumes, organizing, sorting and pulling costumes for each show, communicating and securing costume rentals.
Applicants should possess 3-5 years of work experience with a theater organization or in the costume field; basic sewing skills are preferable, but not needed. In addition, applicants should be strong communicators (including excellent writing and proof-reading skills), highly organized individuals, and able to take direction and ask questions when necessary.
The Costumer Assistant should also be creative, self-motivated, ministry-focused, capable of executing multiple projects at a time, and collaborating with both volunteers and employees to support and encourage Spotlight’s core values and mission statement.
Please send cover letter and resume to Sarah Portz, Interim Artistic Director, , for consideration. Please no phone inquiries.
Lake County Photos Needed
In an effort to complete all show galleries for Lake County,
Spotlight Main Office needs your help.
If you have stage photos from the following shows,
please e-mail with them.
Wizard of Oz Spring 2002
Peter Pan Spring 2007
Jen Heim’s Top 50 Moments